Support Operations Manager – North of England
Job title: Support Operations Manager
Location: North of England
Employment type: Full-time
We currently have a vacancy for a Support Operations Manager in the North of England, the details of which are below:
- P&L responsibility for a proportion of the Support contracts and Support Additions
- Cost control
- Submit monthly reports to the Regional Manager detailing activity
- Overall responsibility for Recruitment, development and training of your team, working closely with the Technical Lead with regard to the Support Engineers achieving the required level of knowledge and skill to deliver all services
- Responsibility for your teams’ compliance with all health, safety and environment regulations.
- Carry out appraisals of your direct reports.
- Responsible for the successful mobilisation of all new and renewed contracts
- Work closely with the Technical Lead and administration team so ensure contract KPI’s are met and exceeded.
- Have overall responsibility for ensuring the quality of services and documentation meets the required business and customer standards
- Have overall responsibility for the delivery of all Support Additions works, small to medium sized BMS and energy focused projects
- Carry out account management of the contracts and customers within the region
- Regularly meet with key customers (contract review meetings) to ensure that we understand their requirements and their perception of our delivery – agree improvement measures where necessary
- Share ‘best-practise’ solutions with other senior staff both within the region and within the wider organisation
- Overall responsibility for ensuring existing support contracts are renewed to agreed KPI’s
- Upsell existing agreements, i.e. multi-year contracts, MEDIC and Energy Control offerings
- Work with the Support Sales team developing technical solutions, assessing the operational, resource requirements and viability of bids.
Support Additions (Extra Works)
- Ensuring the North Support Business delivers orders in year against its core revenue targets by building and closing a pipeline of core business delivered in year and recognised within the financial performance of the business.
- Manage the sales process from opportunity to sale.
- Provide client-led insight to develop relevant solutions/propositions for the market
The ideal candidate should be resident in the North of England and be familiar with the BMS industry, able to demonstrate skills in the following areas:
- A successful record of developing and maintaining long term working relationships with customers, suppliers and employees
- A successful record of managing the delivery support contracts and small to medium sized BMS and energy focused projects
- A familiarity of the commercial aspects of running a business by analysing financial reports
- An effective record of managing and developing staff so as to ensure that they realise their potential and maximise their contribution to the business
- A pro-active approach towards ensuring that internal procedures are followed so as to comply with legislation (ie. Health & Safety) and Company policies and procedures
- A passion for delivering excellent customer service so as to maximise customer satisfaction and loyalty
- A disciplined and organised approach to their work in a busy working environment
We offer the following benefits:
We offer the following benefits:
- a competitive salary
- a generous bonus scheme
- a wide-ranging company car scheme (that includes fully electric vehicles) or the option of driving your own car and being paid a monthly car allowance
- a contributory pension scheme (the Company contributes 6% of your basic salary)
- free private medical insurance with BUPA
- life assurance of 4 x annual salary
- 25 days holiday, plus public holidays
- Cycle scheme designed to encourage our workforce to keep themselves fit!
If you would like to know more about the role, please send your CV to HR@bmsi.co.uk We would be very interested in hearing from you.
BMSI is an equal opportunities employer.