BMS Project Sales Manager – South Wales/South West
Job title: BMS Project Sales Manager
Location: South Wales/South West
Employment type: Full-time
BMSI are seeking a Project Sales Manager to join our growing team!
Are you a proven Project Sales Manager looking to further your career in the BEMS industry? BMSI can offer the right candidate an opportunity to work for one of the world’s largest, independently employee owned BMS companies, promoting growth, collaboration, and wellbeing as our primary core values.
At BMSI we are seeking a dynamic and results-driven Project Sales Manager to join our team in the BMS (Building Management System) industry, with specific experience in the Building Controls marketplace. Covering South Wales and the South West, as a Project Sales Manager, you will be responsible for driving Project Sales related to building management systems and controls. Reporting to the Regional Manager, you will work closely with clients, consultants, Project Managers, and engineers to identify business opportunities, develop tailored solutions, and achieve agreed sales targets.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and implement sales strategies to achieve company targets and objectives in the Building Controls marketplace.
- Identify and engage with potential clients in the building controls industry, including building owners, contractors, and facility managers.
- Conduct thorough needs assessments and collaborate with Project Managers / Engineers to design customised solutions that meet client requirements and specifications.
- Prepare accurate cost estimates, engage with our approved sub-contract suppliers and collaborate with internal teams to develop comprehensive project proposals for building controls projects.
- Manage the entire sales process, from solution design / estimating through to proposal development and commercial negotiation, ensuring alignment with client expectations, and agreed sales / margin targets.
- Liaise closely with Project Managers and engineers throughout the project lifecycle, providing input and support to ensure successful project execution.
- Maintain strong relationships with existing clients in the building controls industry, ensuring their ongoing satisfaction whilst identifying opportunities for up and/or cross-selling.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, market developments, and competitor activities in the building controls marketplace.
- Document progress and provide regular reports on sales performance, market insights, and project status to the management team.
What we’re looking for:
- Results-oriented mindset with a track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets in the building controls marketplace.
- A high level of technical BMS knowledge, including HVAC, lighting, security, and energy management, with a focus on building controls.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport and effectively engage with all levels of stakeholder management through to C-Level.
- Effectively present ideas to clients in the building controls industry.
- Demonstrated ability to manage the entire sales process, from solution design / estimating through to proposal development and commercial negotiation, ensuring alignment with client expectations, and agreed sales / margin targets.
- An experienced / proven collaborator with Project Managers and engineers in the successful delivery of projects.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to travel as required.
We offer the following benefits:
We offer the following benefits:
- A highly competitive salary based on skills and experience
- A generous bonus scheme
- A wide-ranging company car scheme (that includes fully electric vehicles) or the option of driving your own car and being paid a monthly car allowance
- BMSI is an employee owned company, which you would become part of after 12 months service
- A contributory pension scheme (the Company contributes 6% of your basic salary)
- Free private medical insurance with BUPA
- Life assurance of 4 x annual salary
- 25 days holidays, plus public holidays, with the opportunity to buy an additional 3 days per annum.
- Cyclescheme up to £2500, designed to encourage our workforce to keep themselves fit!
If you have any questions or would like to know more about the role, please contact us at HR@bmsi.co.uk or simply just send your CV to us expressing an interest in the role. Take the first step towards an exciting future, with a company that is as committed to you as it is creating a more sustainable future. We can’t wait to hear from you!
BMSI is an equal opportunities employer.